“ How do you keep employees engaged and communicated with during business change and continuous improvement initiatives? ”

Danielle L. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Jen H. Senior Scrum Master, Direct Line Group

18/04/2019
I've read a lot about DLG engagement activities such as the Idea Lab and the ERB. I'm wondering what day-to-day communication between teams and other sites looks like.
30/04/2019
Senior Scrum Master, Direct Line Group

I’m specifically involved with transforming Tech Services within DLG to be a more agile function. To increase awareness and engagement on this topic and to encourage cross functional communication and collaboration between our teams we do a number of things including running regular Agile meet ups, lunch & learn sessions and Communities of Practice in our Bromley site and for wider cross site communications we use our Yammer service, we publish a monthly news bulletin to share progress and stories from our teams and we attend team huddles to communicate what’s happening and how people can get more involved. We encourage regular and timely feedback specifically via our fortnightly retrospective sessions where we work as one team to explore what we are doing well and what we can improve upon. Other teams & initiatives make use of these same communications channels to maintain engagement.

08/05/2019
Danielle L.

Thanks Jen for the useful insights. It's really positive to see a strong network has been created for support and knowledge share on agile practices.

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website