“ Hi Luca. Is DL a good place to work? Do they look after their staff? Can you work flexibly and at home? Thanks. ”

Joanne E. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Luca L. Apprentice Project Manager, Direct Line Group

12/04/2019
12/04/2019
Apprentice Project Manager, Direct Line Group

Hello Joanne, Direct Line is a great place to work with so many different opportunities to get involved in! Walking into the office everyday with a smile on my face, ready for the working day - if that doesn't sound the perfect place to work, I don't know what does:)! With a supportive team around me willing to help me whilst watching me develop in my role. As for looking after their staff, in my opinion I think they do (brilliantly in fact) with a wide range of benefits including 50% off insurance (Which for a young driver can be £500+). If you're anything like me and love going on holiday, they also offer free travel insurance. These are just a couple of the benefits DLG offer. In terms of Mental health awareness and stress awareness, DLG offer support to anybody in need of a chat; their wellbeing programmes are amazing.

Within my role it's pretty flexible - you can start between 8:00-9:00, then finish between 16:00-17:00. So my usual working day is 8:30-16:30. In the initial months I wasn't able to work from home, as there was a lot of learning within the office. However, once you become more independent you are able to work from home, for me it was just after Christmas when I became confident enough to get on with my own work independently. A year into my Apprenticeship, I work from home at least once a week (with a few exceptions).

Hope this helped, Luca :D.

12/04/2019
Joanne E.

Thanks Luca. I've applied for a PM role so we will see!

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website