“ What is the recruitment process like and is there room for progression? Is support available if I was to join DLG? ”

Saj Y. asked a question in topic Career Choices
to Any HR Insiders

08/03/2019
I'm currently interested in applying for potentially positions within either the claim handlers motor or damage management claims motor. My question is regarding progression if I was successful in applying and commencing in the above roles. I would like to see myself possibly working within DLG going into underwriting possibly or something more technical and was wandering the support available if I was to undertake the above positions. I currently have a level 2 customer service experiences within contact centres but no other qualifications so would be nice to know the opportunities that DLG provide. Also to add to this would be that what kind of recruitment process is in place for damage management positions so I'm knowledgable. Looking to apply in Leeds
Many thanks
12/03/2019
Recruitment And Development, DLG

Hi Saj, thanks for your question. We will always support DLG colleagues internally, once they are established in their current role, to pursue other opportunities and ?in touch? sessions are available with relevant departments to find out more about roles.

It helps if you have a clear idea of what role you see yourself aiming for, then you can outline how you are going to get there with your manager to ensure you develop the skills to make you suitable for an underwriting role. You could progress steadily perhaps to an assistant underwriter first and then to underwriting. The support is definitely there for progression.

Our recruitment process for damage management roles follows our standard process. We would review your application and then invite you to complete a video interview. If you pass the video interview you would be invited to a face to face interview and this would consist of competency-based interview and a role play exercise. I hope this helps but if you need more detail, please let me know.

12/03/2019
Saj Y.

Thank you for the above information much appreciated. Would like to ask is there currently any positions available within damage management at Leeds

12/03/2019
Recruitment And Development, DLG

Hi Saj, we have just finished our Damage Management recruitment, we may have future start dates but these are yet to be confirmed. We are recruiting for roles in Home Resolutions claims team which is similar to Damage as in it has the case resolution aspect to the role.

This role is listed on the careers website through the below link www.directlinegroupcareers.com/job-detai…  or you can search for Leeds claims- job number R-5864.

If you do want to be considered for the role, you just need to complete the online application form and the team will then be in contact regarding next steps. Thanks

12/03/2019
Saj Y.

Thank you for the above

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website