“ How did DLG support you in your career growth? ”

Jackie M. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Pete B. Lead Digital Product Owner, Direct Line Group

14/12/2018
17/12/2018
Lead Digital Product Owner, Direct Line Group

Hi Jackie :-)

Being a bit of a veteran of DLG and it's previous incarnations, I've managed to perform 8 roles in my 19 years of service. In each of these moves, I've been fortunate enough to have had full support from my line manager at the time.
As a manager, I get great satisfaction seeing my team develop and progress their career at DLG. There is a genuine appetite to keep our most talented staff and a real commitment to developing people for their next role at DLG, and when there is no real next step in your current function, there are plenty of functions that you can transfer your skill set to. That's the beauty of this business, there's such a variety of positions and I've been lucky enough to have had full support when I've stepped outside my comfort zone and moved into an area that is new to me. My move from sales to claims is a good example.

It's also worth mentioning that performance measurement is equally made up of the "what" and the "how". So, not having the necessary skillset is not always a blocker for some roles as long as you have the right attitude to learning and approaching a role.

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website