“ What qualities do you think make you a good fit for your current role? ”

Jackie M. asked a question in topic General
to Stephen B. Apprentice Home Claims Adviser, Direct Line Group

29/11/2018
06/12/2018
Apprentice Home Claims Adviser, Direct Line Group

The qualities I have are good communication skills, that I use when I speak to our policy holders, so I am clear and concise with the information I provide but also when I ask questions. I also need good communication skills to communicate well with my colleagues as well as when I need to speak to different parts of the business.

Another quality which has helped me in my role is my listening skills. This may be one of the most important qualities as the information we record needs to be done accurately. If I don’t pick up certain information then this can have a negative impact for our policy holder’s journey when dealing with a claim.

With the type of role I am in, I need to understand different processes and have some knowledge of the different aspects of a claim, which I may not even be involved in. I think my humility is beneficial within my role as there are continuing changes and updates that I use to constantly try and improve my knowledge by asking questions and reviewing online modules. All of which benefits me and our policy holders.

Add to this thread

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website