“ How would you describe a typical day in your role? ”

Jackie M. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Emma P. Legal Secretary, DLG Legal Services

29/11/2018
30/11/2018
Legal Secretary, DLG Legal Services

Thank you for your question.

My role is mostly structured and I come into the office knowing what needs to be done each day. However, certain tasks can vary depending on the day of the week. For example, on a Monday I will take a stock check for our office stationery and place an order with our Supplier in order to ensure that we have enough stationery supplies in for the working week ahead.

I can be given dictation any day of the week from the File Handlers that I support and so typing up dictated letters is done as and when required.

I also manage a busy Inbox which receives Customer and Third Party emails. This is particularly busy on a Monday as a lot of Customer emails come in over the weekend. Some emails are similar, particularly from Third Party sources but Customer email requests can vary and my responses to the Customer are tailored to meet their individual requirements.

On a day to day basis I am responsible for distributing various daily work progress reports to our File Handlers, in order that they can look at how they are doing with their workload, i.e. how many claims they have/how many claims they have settled, any outstanding customer call backs, etc.

In addition to my main role as Legal Secretary, I am also a CSR Representative for our office, so in between jobs I am also liaising with local charities and setting up days for our staff to go out and do some volunteering work for them. Each member of staff is given a one special leave day to use to take part in a days volunteering and my role as the CSR Representative is to encourage our people to take advantage of this and help the local community.

Apart from ensuring that the daily meeting room bookings are put outside the meeting room doors before the first meeting takes place, there are no set timings to what has to be started first but it is guaranteed that the day will always start with a coffee!

There is always something for me to do in the office, it is a structured role with some variation and the days fly by.

03/12/2018
Jackie M.

Thanks so much for the reply Emma, I really appreciate the level of detail! Very interesting to hear what you're doing day-to-day. Sounds like you're kept busy :)

Add to this thread

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website