“ How does your role fit into the wider structure of the department? ”

Howard W. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Mark N. Head Of U K Insurance Business Solutions, DLG

08/06/2018
12/06/2018
Head Of U K Insurance Business Solutions, DLG

Hi Howard,

Great question, thank you for asking.

I guess in simple my role is run, lead, head up, manage the department.....and in the context of my role "the department" is actually a self contained business within DLG.

Therefore its a pretty broad, diverse, interesting, challenging and exiting remit. From setting strategy to leading people to delivering for our customers and everything in-between.

Within our structure I have a leadership team containing key disciplines of marketing, customer operations (onshore and offshore), business change, relationship management, new business acquisition and business admin. This leadership team helps me lead performance across a business team of around 55 FTE.

Within the broader DLG Commercial Division structure I sit as one of the P&L Heads of Business reporting into the Commercial Exec team and am a member of the Commercial Extended Leadership Team that together lead most functions and teams across the Commercial Division. So, in may ways I lead a structure (in my "department") whilst also being part of a broader structure of leaders that together lead the Commercial Division.

Hope this helps!

13/06/2018
Howard W.

Thanks Mark, this was really helpful

18/06/2018
Head Of U K Insurance Business Solutions, DLG

No probs, thanks Howard. Anything else just shout. M

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website