“ How have you found the apprenticeship scheme and do you go to college? ”

Rhys P. asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Luca L. Apprentice Project Manager, Direct Line Group

08/06/2018
08/06/2018
Apprentice Project Manager, Direct Line Group

Hello there,

The Direct Line Group apprentice scheme is astonishing, it has helped me develop my skills within Project Management; with professionals around you all the time you soon pick up their ways of working. I love the office environment and genuinely enjoy coming into work everyday, excited to challenge myself, and collaborate with my colleagues. A usual work day for me would be starting work at 9:00 and finishing at 17:00 (although this can vary) with an hours lunch, the hours are sociable and I don't have to work weekends; which is great!

I myself do not have to go to college, we have a learning provider. They provide you with learning material through an online portal, you have time set aside every week to complete the tasks set. You do have deadlines to meet, so it is important you don't fall behind on the online learning. However, I have never really struggled, as you get enough time set aside to complete the units set.

08/06/2018
Jacob T.

Thanks Luca, this sounds great! What do your daily tasks generally involve?

14/06/2018
Apprentice Project Manager, Direct Line Group

Every piece of work that you do is normally produced on a computer, using various different applications (a lot of work on Microsoft Office). You normally have to communicate with different stakeholders within the business to complete a piece of work, especially at apprentice level.

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website