“ What projects have you worked on recently? ”

Rhys P. asked a question in topic General
to Jen H. Senior Scrum Master, Direct Line Group

06/06/2018
08/06/2018
Senior Scrum Master, Direct Line Group

Since the start of the year I have been working as a Senior Scrum Master helping to lead our agile transformation programme within Technology Services. As such I've been doing more of a coaching role for Scrum Masters and Project Managers to direct us towards more agile ways of working. My role really exposes me to a wide range of projects within our Personal Lines business; (motor, home, pet & travel products). I have the opportunity to work with a wide range of people as well as provide value by driving change within DLG.
The type of projects I have been involved with over the last 6 months range from small system changes to large projects and programmes delivering.

08/06/2018
Rhys P.

Thanks Jen, really insightful stuff and interesting to hear the range of projects you work on! Also exciting about the new product offerings. What type of project do you find is the most challenging?

08/06/2018
Senior Scrum Master, Direct Line Group

All projects I've worked on have had their own challenges for different reasons. For instance, it may be that we have tight deadlines to achieve due to regulatory dates or partnership requirements, or we may be managing multiple dependencies across inflight projects, or it could be that we have some interesting technical challenges to overcome. The key for me here is that the way we work together typically allows us to resolve these types of challenges in a collaborative and efficient way.

Add to this thread

Direct Line Group

Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.

If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com  for more information.

Visit website